After Atlas was born everything changed and I suppose it’s that way for all moms. Am I picking the right products for my baby, or will it result in some major calamity if I have chosen the wrong items? Is it OK that not everything is organic? Will he sleep through the night? The days go so quickly now with all these and many more questions spinning in my head. I just want to do this right. I never wanted anything more.
One thing I have been particularly obsessed with when it comes to Atlas is keeping him clean, and keeping diaper rash at bay. Second runner up? Will he sleep long enough at night for Joey and I to get some rest?
We have been using Huggies for the past few months after they contacted us to try them out (which you can be a tester too, for free!) and see what we think.
I would like to introduce the golden ticket of sleep. It can be found, and it can be found quickly! For us (and maybe for you too), we finally were able to let him sleep through the night when we knew we could avoid diaper rash, and “trained” him to sleep eat! The trick to it all was to let him be in his moses basket or mamaroo, and when he begins to fuss – feed him right there in it. It goes something like this:
- Make sure a good quality diaper (like Huggies® Snug & Dry Diapers with NEW SureFit®) is on your little bean before putting them down for the night. This is key! You don’t want the diaper to leak, and you don’t want to promote diaper rash!
- We hear him fuss a little and one of us awakes. Being we switch feeding shifts (every-other most nights), sometimes one of us sleeps all the way through!
- If he is in the mamaroo, we stop it’s motion to feed him and cover his chest with a burp cloth. If he’s in the Moses basket, we use our foot to keep it still from rocking, and still cover his chest with a burp cloth. This alerts him that we heard his cry.
- We then prep a bottle with a small touch light we have set up by our little food station for Atlas so we don’t turn on any lights strong enough to disturb anyone.
- When the bottle is ready, we slowly tease Atlas’ upper lip while he is sleeping and he opens his mouth and takes the bottle.
- Relax and feed your little one! Chances are they will continue to sleep! Brilliant!
First thing in the morning we do a diaper change and a diligent clean up on his parts – and we are good to go. The Huggies Snug & Dry Diapers (with SureFit) work twelve whole hours. Needless to say, they were perfect for the 3,200 mile road trip we just took too!
Interested in trying out these new products for yourself? Huggies® is encouraging parents everywhere to become Official Huggies® Testers at Huggies.com/Testerand put their new and improved diapers and wipes to the test in their everyday routine – from playground play dates to messy mealtime.
To get coupons and other great rewards, visit the Huggies® Test Town!
Or check out the Huggies® Facebook fan page to learn more now!
P.S Are we Instafriends? We are hosting a vintage flash sale in May, follow for more info!